What We Believe
Statement of Faith
1. Scripture is the final authority for the believer's faith and practice.
2. Salvation from sin is by faith alone, through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
3. The local church is a body (group) of believers, saved; baptized; joined together to spread the
Good News (Gospel) of Christ's love; preaching and teaching the unchanging truth of the
Scriptures; living lives that show the change Christ has made in their lives.
The Essentials: What We Believe About…
1. God the Father– God is the Creator and Ruler of all things--including man.
2. Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of the world.
3. The Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is coequal with the Father and the Son of God, and is the
power of God present in the lives of the believer.
4. The Bible – The Bible is God’s Word to us, provided through the writings of holy men that were
inspired by the Holy Spirit to write exactly what God wants man to know about Him.
5. Human Beings – Man was made in the image of God. All men are sinners by nature and by
choice, and that sin separates people from God, Who is holy.
6. Salvation – Salvation is God’s free gift to us. He forgives our sin, but only when we place our
faith in Jesus Christ, God's Way of salvation.
7. Eternal Security – Salvation is secure for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and
power of God, not by the self effort (works) of the Christian.
8. Eternity – People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from
God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation.